About the New York Market Lead position
We're looking for a dynamic, thoughtful, business-minded, and creative person to join Neighborhood Goods as our New York Market Lead. This individual will be responsible for ensuring our strategic vision is executed at the local level while leading a team of store and restaurant employees.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing startup environment that is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. There will be the opportunity to participate in a broad variety of roles and responsibilities.
Ideal applicants should be self-starting, have a mind for hiring and a meticulous attitude toward operations, whilst having a passion for creating a new type of retail experience.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
Market Lead responsibilities include:
- Store P&L ownership and management across both retail and restaurant operations
- Responsible for tracking KPIs and providing recommendations on where and how to improve
- Lead the hiring process for the local retail team
- Work closely with local operations, marketing, brand partnerships, design, merchandising, finance and other teams in Dallas to execute the strategic vision.
- In partnership with food & beverage, store managers and associates ensure:
- Policies and procedures are appropriate and adhered to and when necessary, provide recommendations on ways to iterate and improve
- Partner brands are expressed in the local market in a way that keeps with the overall strategic vision and ensure an efficient roll-out and wind-down of partner brands at the store location
- Programming for local marketing efforts and events are executed
Market Lead requirements include:
- Experience managing teams - a natural leader who is a dynamic, high energy and thoughtful people person
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong business and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to identify priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Passionate about creating a new kind of business and new customer experience
- Previous responsibility for a business/program in the $1M-5M range (pending market)
- Related industry experience in (new) retail, consumer products, or hospitality preferred
Details & Benefits:
- The Market Lead will report to the Director of Operations
- Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation days
- Healthcare and other such benefits available
- As an early hire at an exciting young company, you'd be directly involved with the creation of the company's foundational culture
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.