About the Operations Manager
We're looking for a dynamic, thoughtful, and business-minded person to join Neighborhood Goods as our Operations Manager. This individual will be responsible for overseeing critical activities that enable our stores to run effectively and help grow the overall business.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing startup environment that is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. There will be the opportunity to participate in a broad variety of roles and responsibilities.
Ideal applicants should be self-starting, organized and have a mind for operations and operational efficiency, whilst having a passion for creating a new type of retail experience.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
Operations Manager responsibilities include:
- Operational policies and procedures:
- Consistently assessing current operational policies and procedures and providing recommendations on ways to iterate and improve
- Ensuring our policies and procedures are appropriate, adhered to and are consistent across the stores organization.
- Multi-site inventory management:
- Own inventory management software
- Work with brands and stores to manage the inventory procurement process and to ensure we get the information we need to effectively plan for and inbound product
- Work with our eCommerce team to manage and validate product information from our brand partners in Shopify
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the stores organization for inventory-related issues
- Auditing store level cycle counts and verifying cycle counting compliance across stores
- Define and oversee store-to-store transfer process as we launch new stores
- Assess Shopify accuracy on a regular basis and address any store-level issues
- Aggregate weekly performance dashboards across stores and identify issues, risks and opportunities for performance improvement
- Oversee fulfillment of eCommerce orders across stores
- Learn about our in-store technology, provide trouble-shooting where possible for stores, and build a network of partners and vendors to help keep our systems operating effectively and to ensure the stores have the tools they need to operate effectively
- Provide training, coaching and support to store leaders and Operations Specialists
Operations Manager requirements include:
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong business and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to identify priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Analytical and a natural problem solver with a high level of attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Comfortable with utilizing modern business software to efficiently operate a retail store and ecommerce platform
- Bachelor’s degree (in business operations, supply chain or equivalent) or combination of education and relevant operations work experience
- 3+ years of experience in multi-unit operations/logistics for a retail or consumer products company; experience in complex retail inventory management preferred
- Experience with Shopify preferred but not required
Details & Benefits:
- The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations
- Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation days
- Healthcare and other such benefits available
- As an early hire at an exciting young company, you'd be directly involved with the creation of the company's foundational culture
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.