About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and is proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
About the Store Associate (Full-Time)
The Store Associate will join us at our second location at Chelsea Market in New York City, New York. As our hosts and storytellers, Associates are primarily focused on delivering an amazing experience for every customer. We’re looking for friendly, energetic, and professional team players who are eager to contribute to a growing Neighborhood Goods community.
What You’ll Do
- Clearly and effectively communicate with customers, many of whom are unfamiliar with our innovative concept
- Act as brand ambassadors for our in-house and revolving brands, communicating information about products and telling each brand’s story in an authentic and genuine manner
- Seamlessly provide customer assistance across multiple product categories
- Foster a sense of community in store, both with fellow associates and with customers
- Provide a seamless checkout experience for customers
- Support inventory management activities, including receiving, tagging, and monitoring inventory
- Support visual merchandising activities and help make sure the store is always looking beautiful
- Assist with in-store events and programming
- Respectfully share ideas, shift recaps, and feedback with the Store General Manager
Who You Are
- Excited to be an integral part of a fast-paced, growing start-up
- Eager to work in a fun, dynamic environment unlike anything else in traditional retail
- Innovative, proactive, and entrepreneurial
- Positive, high energy, and eager to learn
- Articulate with strong communication skills
- A quick and effective problem-solver
- Experienced with customers and great at serving them
- Able to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Possess basic math and financial skills
- Preferably experienced with point-of-sales systems
Some Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Paid time off after 90 days of employment
- Elective Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employee discounts
- Quarterly and referral bonus potential
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.