About the Community & Events Specialist
The Community & Events Specialist will join us at our Chelsea Market location in New York City. As the lead of our New York event initiatives, the community and events specialist is primarily focused on developing and delivering an amazing experience for every brand and event attendee. We’re looking for friendly, energetic, and professional team players who are eager to contribute to a growing Neighborhood Goods community.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store, featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's most exciting brands and products. More than that, Neighborhood Goods is a community, bringing people together to shop, eat, and learn in our vibrant physical spaces.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and is proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Frequently ideate and present creative and strategic events and overall marketing concepts and opportunities.
- Define monthly event and community engagement plans in coordination with the marketing team.
- Identify brand-right local musicians, vendors, and community partners.
- Establish a network of and engage consistently with community partners around partnership opportunities and events at Neighborhood Goods.
- Manage and track a monthly community events budget.
- Devise a plan for and manage the day-of execution of events and marketing initiatives, providing training and direction to vendors and associates as needed
- Act as the on-site contact for and assist in the coordination and execution of brand partner event concepts and initiatives.
- Capture and provide live imagery from events and marketing activations to the necessary members of the Neighborhood Goods team, including social, marketing, and partnerships.
- Recap events and marketing initiatives to identify wins and opportunities to share with the team, thereafter collaborating with marketing to develop a plan of action to capitalize on any future opportunities for growth.
- Continue to learn and become an expert of what resonates with the local Neighborhood Goods customer community, using this knowledge to advise on and refine our in-store event and marketing strategy.
- Coach and share knowledge and ideas with the marketing team as well as the community & events specialists at other Neighborhood Goods locations.
- Review and understand our seasonal marketing strategy in order to identify strategic event and partnership ideas and local opportunities to drive those campaigns in-store.
Who You Are:
- Excited to be an integral part of a fast-paced, growing start-up
- Eager to work in a fun, dynamic environment unlike anything else in traditional retail
- Innovative, proactive, and entrepreneurial
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Positive, high energy, and eager to learn
- A quick and effective problem-solver
- Able to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and ability to effectively build relationships with brand and community partners
- Able to both take and give positive direction and support
- Able to manage budgets and track event performance metrics
- Have strong prior experience in marketing and event planning
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.