About the Content Creator position
We're looking for a dynamic, thoughtful, and creative person to join Neighborhood Goods as a Content Creator.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing startup environment located in Dallas, Texas, where they'll have the opportunity to participate in a broad variety of roles and responsibilities.
Ideal applicants should be self-starting, fast-moving, and responsive to an ever-changing landscape of opportunity and conversation within the company.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
Content Creator responsibilities include:
- The Content Creator will work closely with the Social Media Manager and the digital team to develop social media strategies and execute high-impact editorial content across the digital landscape.
- This position will primarily be responsible for creating and scaling compelling content for Neighborhood Goods and our restaurant concepts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and emerging technology.
- Work with cross-functional teams to organize marketing materials for digital updates
- Regularly concept and execute photography (iPhone and DSLR), video, and graphic design content
- Content consists of, but not limited to:
- Digital ads
- Event photography
- Behind the scenes (in-store and office) photography
- Edit photography for digital needs
- Assist with influencer outreach for content series
- Concept storytelling campaigns across the digital landscape (Editorial, Instagram Story, etc.)
Qualifications & Skills
- Passion for the creative and retail industry
- Passionate storyteller and relationship-builder
- Excels in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Ability to apply logical and creative thinking to solve complex problems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Have a strong grasp on social media and digital trends who wants to conceptualize and produce content in a high-speed, high-performance environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Proficient in photo and video editing (Lightroom, VSCO, Photoshop)
- Written and communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience
- Stationed at Neighborhood Goods Headquarters, but must feel comfortable working with a remote team
- Must submit a portfolio or samples of work to be considered
Details & Benefits:
- The Content Creator will report to the Social Media Manager
- The position will commence at Neighborhood Goods Headquarters in the Arts District, adjacent to Downtown Dallas
- Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation days
- Healthcare, wellness and other such benefits available
- As an early hire at an exciting young company, you'd be directly involved with the creation of the company's foundational culture
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion