About the Director of Food & Beverage
The Director of Food & Beverage will be responsible for working with external and internal partners to concept, create, and launch F&B concepts inside upcoming Neighborhood Goods’ locations across the country.
With extensive experience in the F&B space, the Director of Food & Beverage will oversee all aspects of the food and beverage operation across all locations, embracing responsibility for both beverage and food menus along with standards development and exceptional quality throughout.
A successful candidate ought to have experience in both front of house and back of house restaurant operations with a keen eye for detail, an organized and meticulous attitude towards operations, and a passion for hospitality and customer service.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
Director of Food & Beverage responsibilities:
- Alongside the necessary partners, develop and launch F&B concepts within upcoming Neighborhood Goods locations.
- Assist with the recruiting, managing, training and developing of our in-store F&B teams.
- Maintain policies and procedures across F&B operation.
- Ensure the proper preparation and service of food and beverages to the satisfaction of guests, standard operating procedures, health and safety standards.
- Create and develop pricing and seasonal menu structure.
- In partnership with our marketing and creative teams, responsible for the selection and procurement of linens, paper products, and other decor items used in the F&B operation.
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls within the F&B operation.
- Oversee purchasing across locations and the proper use of food and supplies to meet budgetary guidelines.
- Work closely with the Director of Store Operations to ensure the retail and restaurant operation are working closely and in sync across all locations.
Director of Food & Beverage requirements:
- Experience in the F&B industry. (Experience with catering and events a plus.)
- Knowledge about food and beverage service equipment and production practices.
- Proven track record in operating a successful restaurant business, particularly across multiple locations.
- Demonstrate balance by leading at a high level and by digging into the day-to-day, anticipating long term needs and creating plans to support.
- Exceptional people leader, from identifying and hiring talent to inspiring and developing teams in their career journey.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, tying insights from customer feedback, menu sales, and experience together in support of great customer service.
- Analyzing sales and pivoting to further develop F&B business.
- An operationally-oriented mind, focusing on efficiency in day-to-day business.
- Curious, open-minded, and solutions-focused.
- Articulate and positive communication skills.
- Willingness to collaborate and work in a transparent manner.
Details & Benefits:
- The Director of Food & Beverage will report to the Director of Store Operations
- The position will be located in Downtown Dallas at the Company’s HQ office. Travel to locations in Plano, NYC, and future locations is required
- Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthcare and other such benefits available
- As an early hire at an exciting young company, you'd be directly involved with the creation of the company's foundational culture
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.