About the Retail General Manager
The Retail General Manager (GM) at Neighborhood Goods plays an integral role in driving the success of our retail business. The GM will oversee the retail business at our location in the Legacy West Development in Plano, Texas.
A successful candidate will have robust experience in physical retail with a mind for hiring and a passion for people, an eye for merchandising, an organized and meticulous attitude toward operations, and a relentless focus on customer experience.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store, featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's most exciting brands and products. More than that, Neighborhood Goods is a community, bringing people together to shop, eat, and learn in our vibrant physical spaces.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and is proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
What You’ll Do
With extensive experience in brick and mortar retail, the General Manager will oversee all day-to-day operations at the Legacy West store and manage all store associates.
- Understand and effectively communicate Neighborhood Goods values and brand philosophy
- Foster a sense of community in store that extends beyond store associates to Neighborhood Goods customers and brands
- Treat overall quality of experience with the same focus and priority as day-to-day transactions
- Retain a world-class team of friendly, energetic and knowledgeable in-store staff
- Provide ongoing training and development for all team members
- Manage schedule and performance of all in-store staff
- Execute, and continuously improve upon all front of house operational activities to ensure a positive customer experience
- Liaise with other members of the Neighborhood Goods store and HQ staff in the following ways:
- With the marketing associate to ensure successful execution of in-store events and programming
- With the visual merchandising associate to ensure the store is consistently beautiful and inspirational for our community
- With the store operations specialist to ensure, amongst other items, proper management of inventory, digital order fulfillment and in-store technology
- With the Partnership team at HQ to ensure efficient roll-out (and wind-down) of evolving brand activations
- Communicate company-wide policies and procedures to guide the store, while fostering an environment of positivity, inclusion, diversity, and transparency
- Report on weekly and monthly metrics derived from the retail store operations, providing qualitative commentary and feedback on ways to improve
Who You Are
- Excited to be an integral and early leader in a fast-paced, high-growth startup
- Innovative, proactive, entrepreneurial, and a team player
- Deeply experienced in driving sales, operations, and financial performance with a customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer
- A retail-minded person with a demonstrated track record of high performance in such an environment
- A seasoned people leader with solid skills in hiring, training, scheduling, managing performance, and inspiring teams
- An excellent problem solver and communicator
- Willing to collaborate and work in a transparent manner
- The Retail General Manager will initially report to the Director of Store Operations
- We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Some Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance
- Employee discounts