About the Construction Project Manager position
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of our retail construction projects of various sizes and scope (including new construction, renovation and repairs) from conception through final walk-through.
An ideal candidate should be able to effectively manage multiple construction projects that are in different stages of completion and locations including code compliance, project scope definition, coordination of appropriate working documents, solicitation of bids, review and evaluation of bids, awarding of contract, construction administration and project close out based on established guidelines.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing startup environment that is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
Construction Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively and maintain effective communication with property owners or landlords to ensure that project scope definition is clearly established
- Coordinate with architects, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors as required
- Ensure all projects are in compliance with building standards as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Perform bid comparison and evaluation
- Interpret construction documents and bids to determine opportunities for cost/time savings
- Once approval has been obtained, award projects, coordinate the execution of the contract documents and schedule work
- Initiate appropriate project documents and track the progress of each project as related to objectives, approved budgets and approved timelines
- Ensure project costs are aligned with approved budgets and track expenses
- Implement and coordinate all required change requests, make recommendations, secure approvals, and issue change orders
- Maintain all required project data and records, log and track all design changes and modifications, construction changes and contract modifications during the construction process
- Prepare appropriate close out documents
Construction Project Manager requirements include:
- 3-5 years of experience working as a construction project manager
- Experience with retail construction projects preferable
- Organized self-starter with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Detailed oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects at once
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling unexpected situations
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret and explain construction documents
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all team members
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
Details & Benefits:
- The Construction Project Manager will report to the VP of Operations
- Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation days
- Healthcare and other such benefits available
- As an early hire at an exciting young company, you'd be directly involved with the creation of the company's foundational culture
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.